A Super Simple Wine Tasting
There isn’t a single demonstration we do where people don’t ask about our Spice Pairing Blends Crostini. These quick-to-make bites can be done with 1, 2, 3 or even all 5 of our Spice Pairing Blends. Shared with friends and a few good bottles of wine and these bites a party makes!
We prefer using toasted, thinly sliced sweet baguette slices (French bread, not sourdough)… but you can also use a store bought water cracker if you like. And, feel free to swap the ricotta for cream cheese as either way, they’re delicious.
- French baguette(s), sliced into 1/4 in thick slices
- 15-16 oz container whole milk Ricotta Cheese
- Winemaker’s Pantry™ Spice Pairing Blends
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and set in a single layer onto a sheet pan. Toast in the oven approximately 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Spread a teaspoonful of ricotta cheese on each toast slice. Sprinkle the ricotta with 1/4 teaspoon of Winemaker’s Pantry (TM) Spice Pairing. Repeat with each flavor of Spice Pairing.
- Set the crostini onto a platter and drizzle a little olive oil over top. Serve with the wine intended, i.e., Chardonnay Blend with a Chardonnay, Cabernet Blend with a Cabernet, etc.
You can also add a little freshly chopped parsley as garnish.